3RD ANNUAL SPD RIDE TO REMEMBER CHARITY BIKE RIDE | SEPTEMBER 19, 2015
Fallen, but not forgotten
On September 19th 2015, the Springfield Police Department will be joined by members of the community and other members of Law Enforcement and Public Safety agencies for the third annual Ride To Remember charity bicycle ride from Springfield to Boston, MA. This ride is open to the public but it does require the purchase of a rider’s jersey if you do not already have one.
- This charity event was organized to honor Fallen Officers Kevin Ambrose of Springfield and Jose Torres of Westfield.
- The primary purpose of the bicycle ride is to raise public awareness of officers who have died in the line of duty.
- The secondary purpose is to raise funds for the Massachusetts Law Enforcement Memorial in Boston Massachusetts.
Check in time:
- Check in time will be between 5:45-6:30AM at the corner of Main Street and Boland Way.
- Riders will receive their event number and also will be receiving body markings on the morning of the ride.
- The adhesive bicycle frame number must be attached to your bicycle with the number clearly visible.
- Riders must have both body marking number and bicycle frame number to participate in the ride.
- These numbers will identify you as a participant and will assist medical and event officials in identifying the rider.
- Riders will depart Springfield for Boston promptly at 7:00AM.